We know many Americans are struggling right now with the COVID-19 pandemic and its economic fallout. To give you some background on our business, Marsh Landing Adventures is a family-owned and operated—and the people we employ who aren’t related by blood may as well be our family as far as we’re considered. Like many small business owners, when we shut down our business in the early days of the pandemic, we were concerned about our own livelihoods and the livelihoods of our employees. We wanted to get back to business as soon as possible, but there’s one thing we value even more than our business and our employees: the safety of our guests.
As outdoor enthusiasts, we have a deep respect for science, so when deciding to restart our Orlando airboat tours, we looked to the most current research on COVID-19.
- After each tour, our boats and earmuffs are sanitized with cleaning agents approved by the FDA for killing the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This, too, is standard practice for Marsh Landing Adventures.
- Social distancing will be encouraged in the waiting areas and at the dock.
- We will be closely monitoring the situation in Florida and will abide by any guidelines issued by the governor regarding outdoor recreational activities.
When the coronavirus pandemic started, there was uncertainty and confusion about how COVID-19 spread and how people could best protect themselves. As we learn more about the virus, we understand that:
- Being in open spaces outdoors is a low-risk activity. By and large, COVID-19 is transmitted via close contact in enclosed spaces.
- COVID-19 transmission via surfaces is easily managed. We do our part by disinfecting our boats and earmuffs after each tour. We ask that you do yours by not booking a tour if you’re feeling under the weather, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, washing your hands before and after your tour, and avoiding touching your face.
- Preliminary research shows an association between vitamin D deficiency and mortality from COVID-19. The best way to get your daily dose of vitamin D is by being outdoors.
We understand that this is a strange time for everyone, but we hope that by offering you and your family quality time outdoors, we can make things a little bit easier. We’re excited to reopen our business and we hope to see you soon.